Monday, February 3, 2014

Lily Anna Stamping Plate Review

Good morning! Man this weekend was so busy for me! I'm a total homebody and doing stuff everyday for the past week and going out a few days in a row has me pretty tired. I need to get out more lol. Well today I have my 2nd half of the Messy Mansion plate review for you guys. Messy Mansion is an Australian based online shop that carries stamping supplies including different brands of stamping plates to make supplies more available to Aussie gals. Julia, the gal who runs the shop, makes her own brand of plates and also stocks other brands. The brand I have for you today is Lily Anna.


Here are my scans of the 2 plates I received. The plates are rectangular shaped and each one has 12 full nail images and 2 scrolling images on the bottom. Feel free to click for enlargement.


OPI I'm Feeling Sashy stamped using Lily Anna 05 in OPI Miss You-Niverse. The Silver is OPI This Gown Needs a Crown. I really liked this mani because I finally incorporated all 3 Miss Universe shades into one manicure!



China Glaze Liquid Leather stamped using Lily Anna 04 in Essie Penny Talk


From both of the images I used, the stamping came out flawlessly. I had no issues picking up the image from the plate or transferring the images onto my nail. They were etched nicely and I was impressed that all of the fine lines came out so well. Also, I typically don't make note of this when reviewing plates, but when I cleaned these plates with a cotton ball, the cotton didn't get all shredded up meaning the etching has a smooth finish. It's really not a big deal, but if you're experienced with stamping, you know how frustrating it can be to clean and plate and get lint everywhere so that was a plus. You can purchase Lily Anna plates here and don't worry if you're not in Australia, these plates can be shipped internationally!

8 comments:

  1. LOVE that first mani as it holds my favorite image - I have the one from MoYou London. I am actually eyeing some items from IKEA that feature the same print, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful! Gorgeous designs. I really need those Miss Universe shades. Awesome review as always :) nice to know when I can trust plates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow these plates look impressive. Loved both the manis and the color combination

    ReplyDelete
  4. these plate looks amazing. Love the manis that you did

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you use a hard or a squishy stamper? I just got some Lily Anna plates in the mail yesterday and I was having trouble picking up an image with my squishy stamper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Traci! I used a soft/squishy stamper like the ones from winstonia store

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by to leave a comment. Reading all of your lovely comments always makes my day =] Please do not leave links in your comment, I will not publish them. If you would like me to check out your blog, please feel free to send me an email at heartnat24@gmail.com