Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Zoya Gems and Jewels Collection Swatches

I know the holidays are coming to an end, so I'm trying to get all my holiday polishes swatched soon! I would've done them earlier, but school just ended for me a week ago so I'm barely getting around to it. Here is Zoya's Holiday 2011 Gems and Jewels Collection. There are 3 metallic polishes and 3 coordinating glitter polishes.

L to R: Noel, Twila, Izzy, Kissy, Holly, Rina

Noel. 2 coats no topcoat. Light blue metallic.

3 coats of Twila over Noel (shown with topcoat). Blue microglitter with blue bar glitter.  Indoors.

Outdoors.

Izzy. 2 coats no topcoat. Magenta metallic.

3 coats of Kissy over Izzy (shown with topcoat). Red microglitter, magenta & holo bar glitter. This one is my favorite combination! Indoors.

Outdoors.

Kissy has lots of pretty holo bar glitter!

Holly. 2 coats no topcoat. Emerald green metallic.

3 coats of Rina over Holly (shown with topcoat). Green microglitter with green & blue holo bar glitter. Indoors.

Outdoors.
I really liked this Holiday collection from Zoya. The metallic ones were easy to apply, whereas the glitter polishes became a bit thick during use. I'm new to bar glitter, so my only tip would be to be careful when applying to not let any hang over the edge of your nail otherwise they will get caught on your clothes when it dries. I used one coat of topcoat here, but two coats would be ideal. I almost got this collection for the giveaway, but this is seasonal and the Essie Luxeffects can be used all the time so I went with Essie. Thanks for reading! Until next time!

7 comments:

  1. Twila is perfect :) i did twila franken :)
    coming soon on my blog :)
    i wait u my blog :)
    http://nzlsyn.blogspot.com/
    http://nzlsyn.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-nails-vol2-with-essence.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOhh These colors are FUN! I love the glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so pretty!! i love the how metallics have matching glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This collection is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to leave a comment. Reading all of your lovely comments always makes my day =] Please do not leave links in your comment, I will not publish them. If you would like me to check out your blog, please feel free to send me an email at heartnat24@gmail.com