Hey lacqueristas! Today I have Bio Seaweed Gel polish to review. This was my very first time using gel polish so I was very excited to receive this product to test out. Bio Seaweed Gel is a Canadian Gel Polish company. Here's a some info about the company & the product:
"UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel Polish by Bio Seaweed Gel is the first ever professional gel polish with top, base, colour & strengthener all-in-one bottle. (4 PRODUCTS in ONE Bottle)
Bio Seaweed Gel is the most versatile and innovative Gel System available today. But most importantly, it is the healthier gel polish choice.
Here is a brief list in how BSG stands out from the numerous other professional gel brands:
1. No dehydrators to thin or stain the natural nails - regardless of wear time. FORMALDEHYDE, TOLUNE, DPB, SOLVENTS & BHA FREE
2. Safe and gentle both during application and removal: no sanding, buffing, primers or bonders needed for application. The industry's quickest soak-off removal in 5 minutes.
3. Versatility: we do offer a separate Diamond Shine Top and No-Sanding Base Gel Polish, as well as a Strengthener Builder Gel to complete tip and sculpture extensions.
4. User-friendly: simple steps and self-leveling make Bio Seaweed Gel quick to learn and a pleasure to work with, our products never shrink or wrinkle - ideal for nail art
5. Innovation: UNITY All-In-One Gel Polish is the EXCLUSIVE PEDICURE PRODUCT: no top, base or cleansers needed. (the colours dry to the touch with no sticky layer unlike any other)
6. Over 150 Colours
7. UV, LED and SUNLIGHT cured!!! (Yes, sunlight!)"
So that may have been quite a bit of info, but if you're brand spanking new to gel polish like me, the info is quite helpful. In my blogger sample I received 2 Unity All In One Color Gel System polishes, Diamond Shine Top Coat, one file, one buffer, and a pair of toe separators. I did a manicure and followed the directions it came with (lightly buff, clean with 70% alcohol, apply thin coat, cure, apply thin coat, cure, top coat, cure, wipe with 70% alcohol. It is very important if you use the topcoat to do the last step otherwise it will be sticky! Let's take a look at some of my manicure pics and then my thoughts.
|Here it is with 2 coats. The directions say to use 2 coats and not to wrap the tips, but for some reason the polish wanted to avoid the tips.|
|Here it is with 3 coats. I decided to go for a 3rd coat to get better coverage on the tips and it looks much better.|
|Again, 3 coats.|
|Here it is with some nail art and Diamond Shine Top Coat.|
|For the art I used Nailz Craze NC 02 in Konad White.|
|Day 8--design intact and bareeely any tip wear.|
Here's my thoughts on the product:
Application: Super easy! Great formula which made it easy to apply thin coats. The brush was amazing. I was worried about how I'm supposed to clean up gel polish, but I applied carefully and no clean up was needed. The topcoat was also great AND it did not smear my stamping! I was really excited about that. I used a UV lamp to cure and dry time was fast, 2 minutes for each coat.
Wear: Great. No chipping and as you can see on day 8, there's minimal signs of tip wear. I wore this camping and was very hard on them (played with rocks, swam,
tried to cut wood with an ax, etc.).
Removal: On the fence. I followed the instructions which is the foil method using pure acetone for 5 mins, push off with orange stick, and buff any remaining. I did this and I saw the top of the polish soften and crack, but an orange stick didn't really help in removal so I had to use my metal cuticle pusher. Even then, a fair amount of polish remained and I had to buff a lot, which left a couple nails super thin. I was bummed so I left my other hand in the foil for 10 mins and I didn't have to buff as much.
Overall, I did have a good experience, but removal was not as great as I had hoped. I will definitely try it again, but just do the foil method for a few more minutes. I will say that I was impressed with the wear and I will for sure be using this for a vacation mani! Lastly, for my stampaholics, this is a nail stampers dream. If you stamp and mess up, you can wipe off and stamp again without ruining the base! You can purchase Bio Seaweed Gel polish here. Each color retails for $18.