Thursday, December 22, 2011

OPI Nicki Minaj Collection Swatches

Hey everyone! I'm officially on my winter break and I'm so excited to get back to blogging. I took my final yesterday and it just so happens yesterday was also the day nail polish heaven got this collection! Lucky me since this collection is actually due out in early January. I'm going to have to go back to nail polish heaven soon because they will be receiving China Glaze magnetic polishes any day now (also due out in early January)! Hope these swatches will be of help to those who are interested in getting this collection.

L to R: Did It On 'Em, Fly, Pink Friday, Metallic 4 Life, Save Me, Super Bass Shatter

Did It On 'Em. Lime green creme. 3 coats no topcoat. Formula got a little thick on my 2nd and 3rd coats, but not a problem.

This reminds me of Reptar from the Rugrats for some reason =P 

Fly. Turquoise creme. 2 coats no topcoat. This one stained a bit, but it was minimal.



Pink Friday. Bubblegum Pink. 2 coats no topcoat. 



Metallic 4 Life. Black jelly base with silver hex, round, and micro glitter. 3 coats no topcoat. So much depth, love this one!

Not sure about this combo because both polishes are dark and it's hard to distinguish between the two, but I  still like it.


Save Me. Clear base with holo bar glitter and silver micro glitter. 3 coats no topcoat. Don't think I'll be wearing this one alone, but it's gorgeous and I love the added effect from the holo bar glitter.



No flash. Love this combo because all the glitter underneath really shines through!

Flash


I have to say I truly love this collection. I'm big on bright colors, cremes, holos, glitters, and shatter and this collection has it all. I was really pleased with the Super Bass Shatter because I own a purple crackle polish from Sally Hansen and it was super sheer, but this one from OPI is opaque. I added topcoat to all the swatches with shatter and it really brought out the shimmer inside the shatter. My favorite to wear alone has to be Metallic 4 Life because it is so unique and my favorite combination was Save Me with the Super Bass Shatter. Well that's it for OPI's Nicki Minaj Collection. I'll be doing some holiday manis in the next few posts so stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! They look so pretty, I like them all.
    Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty your swatches are sooo beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to say it but I'm not thrilled with anything from this collection. I can't put my finger on it, but they aren't interesting to me. :( It helps my polish budget tho to not have a desire for every single new polish out there. I mentioned "nail polish heaven" to my family one day. About what I read when you posting earlier. They said I should plan a vacation specifically there and bring 2 suitcases. One with my clothes and the other empty to fill with my purchases! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Niesha: haha you may have to wait til early January, but goodluck, you may be able to find it somewhere before then
    @Carolina: Thank you! Me too =]
    @Nail Loopy: Thanks! I just got a light box so I'm glad my swatches came out nicely.
    @Leslie: Yeah there will always be polishes that aren't for everyone. At least your wallet is thanking you haha. You should totally go to nail polish heaven! The prices are basically half off of what you would pay anywhere else. It's in San Jose, California and the store is called U.S. Nail Supply in case you ever decide to be adventurous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really hate nicki minaj but i LOVE these colors. i think the green with the purple crackle over it is really awesome. very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to leave a comment. Reading all of your lovely comments always makes my day =] Please do not leave links in your comment, I will not publish them. If you would like me to check out your blog, please feel free to send me an email at heartnat24@gmail.com