Thursday, January 23, 2014

Stamping Decal Tutorial with MoYou London Pro 11 XL

Hey friends! I have a treat for you today. Usually I just share photos of my nails, but today I have a new YouTube video to go along with the nail art I did. I've been playing around with reverse stamping and advanced stamping the past couple of months, but I have finally found a way to make a stamping decal that works great for me. I really want to make more videos, but the setup and editing takes me quite awhile to get the hang of. Hopefully after filming a few more I'll pick up some speed.

For this mani, I used Morgan Taylor All White Now and stamped using MoYou London Pro 11 XL in Wet N Wild Black Creme. I filled in the flowers with Morgan Taylor Invitation Only and it's also the polish color on all my other nails. I don't typically stamp with Wet N Wild Black Creme, but for this look, the opacity of the black was not a concern. Also for those of you who have tried stamping decals and have had issues with the decal being too stiff, it may be the topcoat you're using. I tried Seche Vite Quick Dry and the decals were super stiff. I switched to Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Clear and it works like a charm!



And of course as promised, here's my YouTube tutorial of how I created this! I would love some feedback on the video as well. I really hate talking in videos. Are the captions on the bottom sufficient or am I going to be forced to make tutorials with my voice? You guys be the judge!

14 comments:

  1. I was thinking about looking up a tutorial on stamping decals just yesterday! This is brilliant, thank you for filming the proccess :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely nail art and awesome tutorial! I love this technique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is so nice! I want to start stamping haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous look! I love the flower stamp you used, it's so pretty. I'm going to have to check out that Morgan Taylor next time I'm at CosmoProf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this method of creating decals, it's SO much easier than messing with a ziplock bag. Plus it always comes out crisp and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous! You make it look so easy. I think I will practice. This is the first tutorial that has given me evan a glimmer of hope that I could do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great video! Thank you - must have a look through my plates for some inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's beautiful. I love the stamp and the color!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great tutorial, very informative & nice quality too! Thanks for making it for us, hopefully there will be more!! Btw, I think you found the fix to my problem of the decals being too stiff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you put a clear coat on the stamper before y began?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen. Nope I didn't put anything on the stamper when I began. The clear coat comes after coloring in the decal.

      Delete
  11. Perfect! I reeeeeaaaaally must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its amazing! Finally I've found a way to make a stamping that works great for me. I know that every one loves these kind of post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tutorial and post! I was so disappoint after my first try...the decal was way to stiff, thanks for the tip of NOT using Seche :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to leave a comment. Reading all of your lovely comments always makes my day =] Please do not leave links in your comment, I will not publish them. If you would like me to check out your blog, please feel free to send me an email at heartnat24@gmail.com