Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Monarch Butterfly Nails

I have been wanting to try doing a Monarch butterfly mani for weeks now, and I finally got the courage to do it lol. I thought it would be difficult, but it was actually not bad. Maybe it's because I got actual nail art brushes last week that made it pretty easy. I followed this tutorial from Cutepolish on YouTube. She has really great video tutorials if you're looking for some creative ideas! For the base color, I used China Glaze in Papaya Punch, which is my favorite orange right now! The black I used was Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out. For the white dots I used Wet n Wild French White Creme. It didn't come out perfectly, but it came out way better than I expected it to. I'll admit, I only did this on my left hand so I'm not that awesome. How many of you nail bloggers out there do one hand manis? Haha just wondering.


8 comments:

  1. the color contrast is very beautiful!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do 1 hand mani's all the time...lol. Especially those that require a lot of detail!!
    I'm gona try this monarch butterfly one as well, it looks so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks really hard to do. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lately i do so many one hand manis because i try to do as many as possible... so i swatch things on one hand and do art on another a lot of the time. loooool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Good to know other bloggers do the one hand mani so I don't feel like I'm cheating!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to leave a comment. Reading all of your lovely comments always makes my day =] Please do not leave links in your comment, I will not publish them. If you would like me to check out your blog, please feel free to send me an email at heartnat24@gmail.com