Saturday, May 28, 2011

China Glaze First Mate & Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Snow Blast

I actually had tried Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Snow Blast (white crackle) with another polish first, but it was a total fail so I wanted to try another color to see if it might have been the color. I used China Glaze in First Mate from the Anchors Away collection. First Mate is such a perfect navy blue creme. I used 2 coats for opacity. It totally reminds me of sailor colors and suits the collection well. I was happy with how Snow Blast crackle came out. The application was a breeze and it cracked really well.




I'm adding these next couple pics to show my first try with Snow Blast crackle. I used China Glaze in Four Leaf Clover as the base color and then used Snow Blast on top.


The white crackled turned yellow! I added the second pic from my iphone because it shows how yellow it looked IRL. I think it may have been because the polish is so pigmented. My nails did stain after wearing this color for like 40 minutes. I first applied Snow Blast to my pinky without topcoat, saw that it turned yellow, and added topcoat to the rest of my nails. I then applied Snow Blast to the rest of my nails and it still turned yellow. I'd say this was a fail, but my fiancee and sister don't seem to think it turned out too bad. They just think it looks like yellow crackle haha. What do you think?

2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by to leave a comment. Reading all of your lovely comments always makes my day =] Please do not leave links in your comment, I will not publish them. If you would like me to check out your blog, please feel free to send me an email at heartnat24@gmail.com