Friday, May 6, 2011

YAY! 50 followers!

Wow I reached 50 followers! Whooo hoo I'm so excited! Thanks followers =] I have something special for you guys today, water marbling! I've done this a few times, some have came out better than others, but i'm pretty happy with how these came out. I know I've got some improving to do, but hope you all enjoy this mani!


I started off by painting all my nails white with Wet n Wild French White Creme. If you use a lighter base color, the colors you use to marble will really pop and look bright. If you use a darker base, the colors won't look as bright and will have a more subtle look.


 Left to right: Sally Hansen XW in White On, SHXW in Fuchsia Power, SHXW in Deep Purple, and L.A. Colors Color Craze in Live. Marbling does use up a lot of polish, so I bought the Sally Hansen polishes purposely for marbling because I don't mind using them up.



 My left pinky didn't come out great, but it was the first nail I dipped and as those of you who have tried marbling, you kinda have to get a rhythm going so I didn't expect that one to be great (and I was too lazy to re-do it).

Introducing.. my right hand! Hahaha I've been hiding my right hand because pointer nail just keeps breaking and I'm having a difficult time growing it back =[ waa waa. Also, my pointer nail is a good (bad) example of what happens when water is left on your nail after you dunk it. The polish kind of bleeds and you don't want that.

16 comments:

  1. Wow amazing water marble!!! I'm sooo jealous haha! I have yet to attempt one =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Yasmin! Haha you should stop thinking about it and just do it! It takes a few tries to get the hang of, but it's really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so pretty! I really need to try this sometime! Your mani looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Natalie! You should! At least once to see if u like it or not. I recommend using a polish u don't mind wasting. My first time I wasted a color I love lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy crap you did awesome!!
    is WnW White Cream a one-coater?

    ReplyDelete
  6. and by Cream i mean Creme of course :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I am SO jealous! This is gorgeous! Water marbling takes me hours and mine never turn out that great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Rebecca: thanks!! In the pic I posted I only used one coat. That may be all you need, but it is pretty streaky, so you may need two.
    @Laurie: thanks!! Haha i just watched all the videos from mysimplelittlepleasures on YouTube from this lady colette. She's awesome and you can learn a lot about the patterns you draw in the water from those vids. =] I say keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on 50 followers! The marbeling looks great! I can never get all the nails to have the same pattern. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did an excellent job, great color choices :) I'm looking forward to trying this one day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks shadow and nikki! It's so nice to hear good feedback from everyone. It feels worth it to spend the time practicing water marbling and to strive for improvement =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really well done. I wish I could do water marbling as well. I've attempted a couple of times but just can't get it right!! Need to keep practicing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! That's good you haven't given up. Your practice will pay off =]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay this looks so great! Love the colors and the design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to leave a comment. Reading all of your lovely comments always makes my day =] Please do not leave links in your comment, I will not publish them. If you would like me to check out your blog, please feel free to send me an email at heartnat24@gmail.com