Friday, May 20, 2011

Pirate Mani 3

So as you guys know, there are mermaids in the POTC movies, so of course I had to have at least one mani with a mermaid. Too bad the fauxnad plate I own with a mermaid totally sucks and I could only get a clean pick up of the image once =[ For the base color I used Orly in It's Up to Blue. It's pretty sheer, I used two coats, but three would be better for complete opacity. The mermaid is from fauxnad M72 and the fish are from fauxnad M14. I stamped using Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Silver Sweep. I wanted the tips to look like mermaid tail scales, but my fiancee thought they were waves so I'll have to do another mani that actually looks like a mermaid's tail, but for the design I used BM 217 and also stamped in Silver Sweep.

I went to bed before topcoat and I got lines all over my nails =|


The mermaid! Too bad she didn't want to cooperate with me.

4 comments:

  1. aawwwwweesomme mani! - i just posted my POTC mani today too =)

    but i love yours!...grrr cant wait to watch it!

    /Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Sarahlouise you're crazy, I just checked your pirate mani out and yours is way cooler lol! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I don't have that cute little mermaid plate and think perhaps I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Laurie! Yea it's such a cute image, too bad it was a fauxnad plate I got on ebay and pretty much sucked. I see there is a mermaid image on Konad M34 that looks almost the same so I'd probably suggest getting that one since I've never had problems with Konad plates.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to leave a comment. Reading all of your lovely comments always makes my day =] Please do not leave links in your comment, I will not publish them. If you would like me to check out your blog, please feel free to send me an email at heartnat24@gmail.com